- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of chilled butter
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 and 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- First we need to preheat the oven to for 175 degrees C, then grease a 10 inch round cake pan.
- Next is get the 2 big bowl, for the 1st bowl, stir the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and fennel seeds together. Then for the 2nd bowl, stir the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter together.
- We need to stir the wet ingredients into the flour mixture, then blended it using a spoon. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Dot with the 3 tablespoons of chilled butter.
- Bake it for 1 hour in the preheated mode, or until it puffed and golden.
- Cut into wedges or what you prefer then serve it warm and ready to eat.